Welcome to International Network for Natural Sciences | INNSpub

Paper Details

Research Paper | September 1, 2015

VIEWS 1
| Download 2

Regression and path analysis of oil and seed yield in canola cultivars (Brassica napus L.)

Arezoo Armin, Ahmad Reza Golparvar, Ali Mehras Mehrabi, Amin Hadipanah

Key Words:


J. Bio. Env. Sci.7(3), 15-19, September 2015

Certification:

JBES 2015 [Generate Certificate]

Abstract

An experiment was conducted in the layout randomized complete block design with three replications in order to assess the relationship among different agronomic traits with seed and oil yield. Genotypic correlation analysis revealed strong relation of majority of the studied traits with oil and seed yield. Amongst, grain filling rate had highly significant and positive genotypic correlation with oil and seed yield. Step-wise regression of seed and oil yield revealed that 95% of total variation exists in oil yield accounted for by the traits grain filling rate (72%), grain filling duration (20%) and oil percent (3%) while grain filling rate (80%) and grain filling duration (13%) totally 93% for seed yield. Path analysis for seed and oil yield designed high efficiency of the traits grain filling rate and grain filling duration as indirect selection criteria for genetic improvement of oil and seed yield in canola cultivars especially in early generations of breeding programs. In conclusion, significant difference was observed for all the traits especially for oil and seed yield in canola. Also, selection for higher amount of grain filling rate could be promised to choice the best canola genotypes. These genotypes must be mature later than others which bearing higher seed yield resulting oil yield.

VIEWS 1

Copyright © 2015
By Authors and International Network for
Natural Sciences (INNSPUB)
http://innspub.net
This article is published under the terms of the Creative
Commons Attribution Liscense 4.0

Regression and path analysis of oil and seed yield in canola cultivars (Brassica napus L.)

Abolhasani KH, Saeidi G. 2006. Evaluation of drought tolerance of safflower lines based on tolerance and sensitivity indices to water stress. Journal of Science and Technology of Agriculture and Natural Resources 10(3), 419-422.

Agrama HAS. 1996. Sequential path analysis of grain yield and its components in maize. Plant Breeding 115, 343-346.

Algan N, Aygün H. 2001. Correlation between yield and yield components in some winter rape genotypes (In Turkish). The journal of Ege University. Agricultural Faculty 38(1), 9-15.

Arslan B. 2007. Assessing of heritability and variance components of yield and some agronomic traits of different safflower cultivars. Asian Journal of Plant Science 6(3), 554-557.

Bagheri HR, Safari S, Heidarian A, Yusefian Z. 2008. Relationship between traits and path analysis for seed and oil yield in canola cultivars. Proceedings of the 1th symposium of canola. Islamic Azad university of Shahrekord. 8-10 August.

Chaudhary BD, Pannu RK, Singh DP, Singh P. 1999. Genetics of metric traits related with biomass partitioning in wheat under drought stress. Annals Biology 12, 361-367.

Dewey DR, Lu KH. 1959. A correlation and path-coefficient analysis of components of crested wheat-grass and production. Agronomy Journal 51, 515-518.

Farhudi R, Kuchakpour M, Safahani AR. 2008. Assessment of salinity tolerance mechanisms in three canola cultivars. Proceedings of the 1th symposium of canola. Islamic Azad university of Shahrekord. 8-10 August.

Farshadfar E, Galiba B, Kozsegi Sutka J. 1993. Some aspects of the genetic analysis of drought tolerance in wheat. Cereal Research Communication 21, 323-330.

Fathi GS, Siadat A, Hemaiaty SS. 2003. Effect of sowing date on yield and yield components of three oilseed rape varieties. Acta Agronomica Hungarica 51, 249-255.

Golparvar AR, Karimi M. 2012. Determination of the best indirect selection criteria for improvement of seed and oil yield in canola cultivars (Brassica napus L.). Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science 18(3), 330-333.

Li CC. 1956. The concept of path coefficient and its impact on population genetics. Biometrics 12, 190-210.

Özer H, Oral E, Doğru Ü. 1999. Relationships between yield and yield components on currently improved spring rapeseed cultivars. Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry 23, 603-609.

Rai M, Kerkhi SA, Nagvi PA, Pandy S, Vashishta AK. 1993. Path analysis for quality components in linseed (Linum usitatissimum L.). Indian Journal of Genetics 53(4), 381-386.

Sheikh FA, Rather AG, Wani SA. 1999. Genetic variability and inter-relationship in toria (Brassica campestris L. var. Toria). Advanced Plant Scienc 12(1), 139-143.

Tang ZL, Li JK, Zhang XK, Chen L, Wang R. 1997. Genetic variation of yellow-seeded rapeseed lines (Brassica napus L.) from different genetic sources. Plant breeding 116, 471-474.

SUBMIT MANUSCRIPT

Style Switcher

Select Layout
Chose Color
Chose Pattren
Chose Background